[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Exporting grids with gridheader/gridfooter  XML
Forum Index -> Development
hartmann

Power User

Hi,

we use the 'onOpenGridFunctions()' for exporting griddata to clipboard...

Unfortunately the gridheaders and gridfooters will not be copied. Is there any reason for that? We use the gridfooter for building summaries, so it would be nice to export these.

Horst
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

luckily there is exactly the same post - and we already agreed to (try to somehow) do this.
Of course the footer and header are a bit more difficult to manage, because the data referred by elements is not contained in the grid-object itself...

Will take something like two/three weeks, so no immediate solution. OK?

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
hartmann

Power User

Fine,

that's no problem.

Horst
levy

Power User

Hi,

May be you could consider additionally the possibility of passing somehow an overall title?

Regards, Daniel
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

...yes, we can extend the API accordingly, a title is no problem.

In general: please have a look into the API documentation behind the FIXGRID-export functions, they are quite flexible so that you can add own issues. Of course you need to now itext-API but this is quite simple from my perspective...

But, again: "title" is OK to be added...

Björn

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...title API was added, see change log of today's update.
Björn

hartmann

Power User

Hi Björn,

now header and footers are exported to PDF when using 'onOpenGridFunctions()', but unfortunately not exported to clipboard (what we need most).

Is there any technical reason for that?

Horst
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

no technical reason for it, we can add it there as well.

If someone does not like this - or tells us that this is an incompatible upgrade of the CSV export: please add your opinion to this post!

Björn

levy

Power User

CaptainCasa wrote:
Hi,

...yes, we can extend the API accordingly, a title is no problem.

In general: please have a look into the API documentation behind the FIXGRID-export functions, they are quite flexible so that you can add own issues. Of course you need to now itext-API but this is quite simple from my perspective...

But, again: "title" is OK to be added...

Björn 

Hi,

can you give me a hint how to find the API documentation behind the FIXGRID-export functions mentioned above?

Regards, Daniel
[WWW]
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

you can check the JavaDoc http://www.captaincasa.com/javadoc/eclntjsfserver.zip, just download the zip extract and jump to to eclntjsfserver/org/eclnt/jsfserver/elements/impl/FIXGRIDBinding.Exporter.html

Markus
[WWW]
levy

Power User

Hi,

I have downloaded the zip file, but it arrives corrupted to my client. So I have looked directly in http://captaincasa.com/javadoc/eclntjsfserver/org/eclnt/jsfserver/elements/impl/FIXGRIDBinding.Exporter.html.

I can't see there the approach for modifying the generated PDF with iText. Could you give an example? I would like to add a logo next to the title.

Daniel
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

??? zip file corrupt ??? - just tested this, and receive perfect zip-file. Please check with Swiss border control. ;-)

In the doc:

(1) ...FIXGRIDBinding.getExporter()
(2) ...Exporter.setPDFExporter(FIXGRIDPDFExporter pdfExporter)
You can assign an own implementation of IFIXGRIDPDFExporter - if not set by you then an instance of FIXGRIDPDFExporter is created automatically.
(3) so you create an own Exporter: new FIXGRIDPDFExporter, in this you can set the title with setTitle()

Björn

levy

Power User

Hi,

I can't find FIXGRIDPDFExporter nor IFIXGRIDPDFExporter (in http://captaincasa.com/javadoc/eclntjsfserver/allclasses-noframe.html).

I suppose I can reuse FIXGRIDPDFExporter. Somehow I should subclass FIXGRIDPDFExporter and implement the method setLogo. How can I manipulate the iText-Object to add the logo?

Daniel

[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

....since some months we only upload the zipped documentation, so the link that you hit is an outdated one. (If you reached this page through a link on our current pages: please tell us - thanks!)

The zipped documentation is accessible through the download page Documentation for Developers > JavaDoc.

Regards, Björn

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: