[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
filechooser window: initialize fields  XML
Forum Index -> Development
levy

Power User

Hi,

For the file chooser window, the current behaviour when opening it is that it starts "somewhere" in a default directory, presumably taken from some system registry. I would like to be able to initialize the top field "search in" respectively the field filename above fileextensions (which we can already initialize). Could you support this?

Daniel
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hmm,
yes, we could let you propose a client "start directory"... but:
then the server needs to know details about the client's file system... - and this I do not like too much.
What do you think about it?
Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
heyl

Power User

Hi everybody,

I just stumbled upon this. It would be nice to have the possibility to set an initial directory in the file chooser.
But you are right, Björn, it would be strange to assume the server knowing anything about the client file system.

Instead maybe the file chooser could remember the directory last entered as some file chooser or upload components do (We had that already, didn't we?)

By the way: the file chooser accepts dropping a file onto itself. (I asked that on the Community Meeting...) Thats great!

Frauke
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...thanks for the feedback on FILECHOOSER...

Yes, in general the last chosen directory should be pre-chosen for the next dialog... we'll check...

Regards, Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: