[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Native control (browser) overruns border  XML
Forum Index -> Development
levy

Power User

Hi,

I have a browser embedded in a tabbedpanetab invoking "file://..." to show the windows explorer. The (workplace) application is running on the Internet Browser (IE) as an applet. By sizing down the IE window, the workplace renders a vertical slide bar rightmost. When I move it up and down, the windows explorer overruns the wokplace's borders.

How could this be avoided? I send directly to Björn two screen shots and the jsp.

Daniel
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...sorry to say this: but "no chance" that we currently see to overcome this behaviour. ActiveX is quite "dominating" when it comes to competing for pixels...

I hope you somehow may find a way to re-arrange items of your screen, so that the ActiveX is not exceeding the size that it receives.

Inyou case I would do the following:
currently the height of the BROWSER component is 100% - so it follows the TABPANETAB's size. This size is driven by the background tabs (the biggest tab is defining the maximum height). That's the reason why you have to scroll at all.

Now, if you put A SCROLLPANE in each of the hidden TABBEDPANETAB, then the scroll bar will be inside the tab and not on the whole tab area.

What I mean is something like:

Code:
 TABBEDPANE w=100% h=100%
   TABBEDPANETAB
     BROWSER w=100% h= 100%
   TABBEDPANETAB
     ROW
       SCROLLPANE w=100% h=100%
         ... now your normal content...
   TABBEDPANETAB
     ROW
       SCROLLPANE w=100% h=100%
         ... now your normal content...

Then the BROWSER/ActiveX problems are automtically not-existent anymore. and you also do not have two scrollbars: one inside the browser, the next right of the browser.

Hope, this helps!

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
levy

Power User

Hi Björn,

The solution you have suggested works splendid.

Thank you very much for your excellent support every time.

Regards, Daniel
[WWW]

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: