[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Feature Request: Invoke event on selection of ScheduleItem  XML
Forum Index -> Development
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

I want to create a calendar like in the demo application PIM. As a feature I would like to provide the possibility to create an appointment auto. by selecting a schedule item or more items (like google calendar).
At the moment it's not possible to select a single row or more rows. Also I'm not able to react on click event?

regards
Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

you can react by specifyin INVOKEEVENT.
Yes, at the moment only single selection is supported.

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

ok, so when I take the PIM demo as template, there is on column with a t:schedule item which contains of t:scheduleItems, which represent the daytime.
The columns for the single days consist just of a single t:schedule.
Do I have to add to those t:schedule items, the t:scheduleItems too, to gain the mentioned functionality?

Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...yes!
Björn

mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

ok, I tried this, but I didn't get it to work?
I added for Monday column all scheduleItems within the schedule component, but it's still not possible to react on clicking on a certain scheduleItem (e.g. 09:00)?

I added a screenshot of the calendar and the source of the jsp page.

Markus
 Filename calendar.jsp [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  351 time(s)

Filename kalender.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 87 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  178 time(s)

[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,
seein your jsp I understand what you mean (or I at least think so...).

You are looking for an event on SCHEDULE in order to add approporiatet SCHEDULEITEMs. Now you added individual schedule items "per hour".

OK, with the current approach you need to define SCHEDULEITEM-INVOKEEVENT (either "click" or "doubleclick") - then the actionListener of the SCHEDULEITEM is called.
Then of course you afterwards add the real SCHEDULEITEM and you have to carefully mix the "hour-based" ones with the real ones...

I would propose to use right mouse putton popup menu. THe event there gives you the click information (in percentage form), then you do not need to add all these hour-based schedule items.

You receive an BaseActionEventPopupMenuItem with .getPercentageVertical/Horizontal - use the "asFloat" variant of the methods for accurate positioning.

Björn

mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

ok, I'll try to convince my customer, the problem is that he's a real google maniac

Markus
[WWW]

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: