[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Showemptyrows within a rowinclude with contentreplace  XML
Forum Index -> Development
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

I have following constellation:
a page which includes multiple instances of a page with fixgrids which where defined in a rowdynamiccontent as rowincludes.

In detail:
I have a page entitylist.jsp, this page includes a fixgrid by rowdynamiccontent, the fixgrid is defined as:
Code:
xml.append("<t:fixgrid avoidroundtrips='true' dragsend='" + dragKey + "' rowdragsend='" + dragKey + "' drawoddevenrows='true' objectbinding='#{d.EntityListUI.gridList}' persistid='gridList' bordercolor='C0C0C0' borderheight='1' borderwidth='1' cellselection='true' rowheight='20' width='100%' sbvisibleamount='20' showemptyrows='false' headlinerowheight='20'>");

The second page searchresult.jsp, has a rowdynamiccontent, in which I generate rowincludes with the page entitylist.psp:Code:
public void setResultRowDynamic() { 		
    	StringBuffer xml = new StringBuffer();
 	xml.append("<t:pane width='100%' height='100%' background='" + label.getColor() + "30'>");
 	for(String entityName : entityLists.keySet()) {
 		xml.append("<t:row>");
 		xml.append("<t:foldablepane width='100%' text='" + entityName + "' background='" + label.getColor() + "30'>");
 		xml.append("<t:rowinclude contentreplacedrilldown='EntityListUI:LabelSearchResultUI.entityLists." + entityName + "' page='entitylist.jsp' />");
 		xml.append("</t:foldablepane>");
 		xml.append("</t:row>");
 		xml.append("<t:rowdistance />");
 	}
 	xml.append("</t:pane>");
 	m_result.setContentXml(xml.toString());
 }

Now the fixgrids have height 0, so I didn't see the rows, I think this is because of the showemptyrows='false', so the height couldn't be calculated in a dynamic way?

I hope this is somehow understandable ;-)

regards
Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

at least the headline of the grid should be painted - I do not see yet, why this is not the case...

Could you maybe check without setting HEADLINEROWHEIGHT at all? You only have to set if you want a different one compared to ROWHEIGHT... - but this is just to make sure that this does not confuse the situation...

Is the code for creating the FIXGRID the only one ,or is there same surrounding PANE, that e.g. that is created in the dynamic content area as well? It would be great if you could record a client log + send it (client paramteters: loglevel=ALL and clientlogfile=...). Thanks!

Björn

btw.: the BORDERCOLOR="C0C0C0" should be "#C0C0C0"...

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

ok, I removed HEADLINEROWHEIGHT, no effect.
I added the log file and a screenshot

Markus
 Filename clientlog.zip [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  379 time(s)

Filename Result.PNG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  373 time(s)

[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...perrrfect, can see it...
Björn

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

it has nothing to do with the FIXGRID. Inside the FOLABLEPANE you put a scrollpane with a height of 100%. BEcasue from outside no height is available for the scrollpane, 100% of "nothing" is "quite nothing" (just the some pixels of height that you can see). If you use the scroll keys at the right then you see that the FIXGRID is correctly rendered.

So...
(.) either assigne a height to the FOLDABLEPANE
(.) or assigne a height to the SCROLLPANE
(.) or remove the SCROLLPANEs (I cannot see the purpose of them yet)

Regards! Björn

mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

Thanx for your help, but I can't find your mentioned scrollpane in my coding? Assigning a height to the FOLDABLEPANE was my workaround, but then the height ist not dynamic?

Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

you somehow have a ROWINCLUDE structure? Then the SCROLLPANE is within the ROWBODYPANE of the included page...

Björn

mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

ok, thats my jsp page
Code:
 <%@page contentType="text/html"%>
 <%@page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>

<%@taglib prefix="f" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"%>
 <%@taglib prefix="h" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"%>

<%@taglib prefix="t" uri="/WEB-INF/eclnt"%>

<!-- ========== CONTENT BEGIN ========== -->
 <f:view>
 <h:form>
 <f:subview id="entitylistg_sv">
 <t:rowbodypane id="g_1" rowdistance="5" >
 <t:row id="g_2" >
 <t:pane id="g_3" >
 <t:row id="g_4" rendered="#{d.EntityListUI.renderButtons}" >
 <t:button id="g_5" actionListener="#{d.EntityListUI.onNew}" enabled="#{d.EntityListUI.createAllowed}" text="#{rr.literals.new}" />
 <t:coldistance id="g_6" />
 <t:button id="g_7" actionListener="#{d.EntityListUI.onDelete}" enabled="#{d.EntityListUI.deleteAllowed}" text="#{rr.literals.delete}" />
 </t:row>
 </t:pane>
 <t:row id="g_8" rendered="#{d.EntityListUI.renderButtons}" >
 <t:icon id="g_9" actionListener="#{d.EntityListUI.gridList.textSearcher.onPrevious}" image="/eclntjsfserver/images/control_playbackwards.png" />
 <t:field id="g_10" bgpaint="image(100%-5,50%,/images/icons/magnifier.png,rightmiddle)" text="#{d.EntityListUI.gridList.textSearcher.text}" width="100" />
 <t:icon id="g_11" actionListener="#{d.EntityListUI.gridList.textSearcher.onNext}" image="/eclntjsfserver/images/control_play.png" />
 <t:coldistance id="g_12" width="100%" />
 <t:link id="g_13" actionListener="#{d.EntityListUI.gridList.onOpenGridFunctions}" text="#{rr.literals.export}" />
 <t:rowline id="g_14" />
 <t:rowdynamiccontent id="g_15" contentbinding="#{d.EntityListUI.dynRow}" />
 <t:row id="g_16" rendered="#{d.EntityListUI.renderButtons}" >
 <t:button id="g_17" actionListener="#{d.EntityListUI.onRefresh}" text="#{rr.literals.list_refresh}" />
 <t:coldistance id="g_18" width="100%" />
 <t:button id="g_19" actionListener="#{d.EntityListUI.gridList.onEditColumnDetails}" text="#{rr.literals.list_configure}" />
 <t:button id="g_20" actionListener="#{d.EntityListUI.saveGridState}" text="#{rr.literals.save}" />
 </t:rowbodypane>
 <t:pageaddons id="g_pa"/>
 </f:subview>
 </h:form>
 </f:view>
 <!-- ========== CONTENT END ========== -->

When I remove the outer rowbodypane it works, did you mean this?

By the way when I replace the rowbodypane by a row and a pane, it works too
Code:
 <t:row id="g_1" >
 <t:pane id="g_2" rowdistance="5" width="100%" >
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

"it works too" - this means: the grid is coming up in a proper way?

Then this is exactly what I tried to say... ;-) - ROWBODYPANE is a composite component out of...
Code:
 row
   scrollpane width=100% height=100%

A scrollpane never occupies a height on its own. If you ask it for its minimal height it will give you "some pixels" as repsonse (the ones occupied by the minimum size of a vertical scrollbar). But it will neve look at its content, because: it's the purpose of the SCROLLPANE to scroll the content it it does not fit in.

The pane is different: if no height is assigned it looks at its content.

Björn

mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

yes the grid comes up the right way
Now I understand, I didn't knew that the rowbodypane is a composition of a row an a scrollpane, I thought row and pane
[WWW]

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: