[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Size of components  XML
Forum Index -> Development
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

is there a way to the get the absolute size of a component? e.g. a TABBEDPANETAB.
Background is, that I generate a diagram within the pane, now I want to optimize the the diagram's size? As an alternative I would take the eclnt-width parameter and substract the left and right border elements?

regards
Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

currently the sizing of the client is not really transferred to the server (except the size of the screens/popups).

We could introduce a PANE-sub-type that sends its width/height to the server whenever it changes. There is of course one problem: the width/height would be always one roundtrip too late. Imagine a page that's just coming up: the width/height would no be available. Same, if page changes its layout with a response processing... - So I more and more do not like this...

Other option: special IMAGE component that request a URL to the server, the URL contains the width/height as parameters. URL is resent to server side every time the size changes.

I currently like the second option more. What's your opinion?

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

ok, the second version sounds good, but I think it want fullfill my requirements.
My idea is/was to give the user the possibility to get the max size of the diagram, but the the diagram is generated (JChart) on the fly, so I think an IMAGE Comp. want work in my case, because at this point in time the image is already generated?

Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

this would mean that the image is provided through a servlet interface - hidden behind an interface, such as with file upload/download (if you have already done this...).

Björn

CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...forgot to mention: and it of course means that this servlet is called on and on when the user e.g. resizes the screen...

Björn

mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

ok, I understand this sounds great, but it's just a nice to have, so there's no urgency

Markus
[WWW]

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: