[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Fixgrid Tree : Auto update after  XML
Forum Index -> Development
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

I use a fixgrid with treenode, now I want to change a field in the top node, after changing the text in a childnode. I set the flush property in the field of the childnode to true, a round trip is executed, but the field in the top node doesn't get updatet. I override the get Methode of the field for the top node like this:

public String getField() {
if(topNode) {
return (MyItem)getParent.getChilds().get(index).field;
}
return field;
}

Field is the property I want to get updatet automatically in the top node, when the field gets changed in the relevant childnode (=>index)?

I tried use an ActionListener for the t:field but the method doesn't trigger for event flush?

regards
Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

before digging too much into the problem:

Do you create your Tree-binding, with "changeIndexIsSUpported=true"?
(Constructor: FIXGRIDTreeBinding(FIXGRIDTreeItem rootNode,boolean changeIndexIsSupported)). If so then you need to explicitly tell the grid about changes in an item.
(The default is "false", so this is just to maker sure we are not searching into the wrong direction).

If "false": hmmm, this must (I better say: should) be somewhere inside your program. Could you build up a mini tree and reproduce with this one?

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

ok, I've set this to true, my fault. I'll try without parameter

regards
Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi.

the "true" means that the gird items are not permanently checked for update with every request round trip: in each rountrip all properties taht are referenced from the page via epxressions are scanned for updates. IN case of grids this means sbvisibleamount*columns*property-references get-access-calls.
So you can tell via the changeIndex-usage that the List-Binding is only checked in case of new items etc. - or if you explicitly tell an item, that it was updated. You do so by calling: gridItem.getChangeIndex().indicateChange().

Björn

mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

Great to know, this opens a new dimension for my complex grid handling
By the way I would have one or two other questions regarding methods / properties of grids, should I post separatly or add to this post?

Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Please open up new posts - so that each post covers one separate issue. Maybe more complex for you, but then it's easier for us to check if a certain post is answered or not - Thanks!

Björn

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: