[Logo] OLD FORUM - Use new one: https://www.CaptainCasa.online/forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Deployment on Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1 (9.1.1) (build b60e-fcs)  XML
Forum Index -> Deployment
smorkisch

Hi Folks

I am no Java geek, though I am very interested in becoming one... =)

Well, I tried to deploy a *.war file on the Glassfish. The first step was to create a WAR file via browsing to the Tomcat's Webapp directory which is on my System:

C:\EnterpriseClient\server\tomcat\webapps\demos

Then I used the Java compressor JAR.EXE with the following command:

jar -cvf demo.war *

So I waited and copied the file to my Desktop and imported it with the admin console of the Glassfish Server. Of course I didn't exspect to get the job simply done...

Please can somebody perhaps tell me how to proceed to get the stuff done? I received the following error thrown by the Server:

An error has occurred
Deploying application in domain failed; Error loading deployment descriptors for module [CaptainCasa] -- error in opening zip file -- invalid zip file: C:\Sun\SDK\domains\domain1\applications\j2ee-modules\CaptainCasa\WEB-INF\lib\jfreechart-1.0.8.jar Error loading deployment descriptors for module [CaptainCasa] -- error in opening zip file -- invalid zip file: C:\Sun\SDK\domains\domain1\applications\j2ee-modules\CaptainCasa\WEB-INF\lib\jfreechart-1.0.8.jar

Shall I use any other compressor if available? Or another output format?

Thanks in advance. I will do my best to answer the questions, if anybody have some... =)

Best regards,
Semo
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...just installed Glassfish first time - same error occurred with my server. I took out the JFreeChart.jar (??? what does Glassfish do with this jar file ??!!?? grrrr), then I was able to launch the web-app.

But..: as soon as it comes to acessing JSF function some errors again. So this seems a step-by-step approach until things are working. We/I currently do not have too much time left - so...: I really hope someone has more experience on Glassfish... - if so: please add! THANKS!

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...just installed Glassfish first time - same error occurred with my server. I took out the JFreeChart.jar (??? what does Glassfish do with this jar file ??!!?? grrrr), then I was able to launch the web-app.

But..: as soon as it comes to acessing JSF function some errors again. So this seems a step-by-step approach until things are working. We/I currently do not have too much time left - so...: I really hope someone has more experience on Glassfish... - if so: please add! THANKS!

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

I tried it with my application, it seems to work.

Please run the war file against the verifier.bat, then you get a report what's wrong within your war. The verifier creates a report file.

I got following errors, but could still deplay (unchecking the verify tag):

Test Name : tests.web.AllJSPsMustBeCompilable
Test Assertion : All the JSPs that are bundled inside a web application must be compilable using a J2EE compliant JSP compiler that does not have any proprietary or optional features in it.
Test Description : For [ trimatrix ]
Error: Some JSPs bundled inside [ C:\WINNT\Temp\exploded20090803095335\trimatrix ] could not be compiled. See details below.
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: file:C:/WINNT/Temp/exploded20090803095335/trimatrix/eclntjsfserver/includes/htmodalpopup.jsp(13,0) PWC6131: Attribute rendered invalid for tag htmodalpopup according to TLD
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: file:C:/WINNT/Temp/exploded20090803095335/trimatrix/eclntjsfserver/popups/gridfunctions.jsp(64,36) PWC6236: According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute filename does not accept any expressions
[WWW]
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

I integrated the Glassfish Server into my Eclipse environment, I get the following error:

[#|2009-08-03T13:13:52.360+0200|WARNING|sun-appserver2.1|javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.lifecycle|_ThreadID=17;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread-8080-1;_RequestID=861e0f27-1bf6-4fb7-8fe5-0f05591f9a8a;|executePhase(RESTORE_VIEW 1,com.sun.faces.context.FacesContextImpl@1dccc75) threw exception
javax.faces.application.ViewExpiredException: viewId:/around.jsp - View /around.jsp could not be restored.

It seems that there's a problem with the PhaseListener?
[WWW]

Forum Index -> Deployment
Go to: