[Logo] OLD FORUM - Use new one: https://www.CaptainCasa.online/forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Editor Tool: Inconsistency btw. Bean Browser and Code Generator  XML
Forum Index -> Development
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

I've a strange situation.
The list of mehtods for a class in the Bean Browser doesn't show all methods, when right click => Edit class, the Code Generator view shows the missing methods?!?!

Log shows an error:
Error occurred when reading UTF8 file trimatrix/ui/dispatcherinfo.xml: java.lang.NullPointerException

I couldn't find this file?

I'm using Version 2_5_20090720_1

regards
Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

the bean browser ("left" tool) uses introspection for analyzing the classes. The code generator ("right" tool) uses java code analysis. That is the background of what is shown.
(You can for example have a non-compile-able source code and still work with the code generator...)

Reasons for inconsistencies could be:
(*) Refresh required on bean browser (refresh icon on the top right)
(*) Missing libraries in /WEB-INF/lib of application? If there is an error in the resolution using introspection, then the bean browser just stops with the corresponding item. The bean browser uses all the classes/libs in the application project's WEB-INF/classes and /lib directory. Maybe you have some classes elsewhere ("Tomcat root") which are not reached as consequence?
(*) Similar: errors during introspection: introspection means that the classes are resolved and instanciated. Maybe there is "static {...}" code which is executed on introspection and which leads to errors?

Björn

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...and, sorry..., I did not respond to your log message:
The trace is category "info", so this should not be causing inconsistencies.

Björn

mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

ok, I checked the sources und jars, but I couldn't find it? Is there a way to get more infos into the log?

What I found out is that when I try to preview the jsp page which includes this mbean, a null pointer exception occurs, but when I start the app. in my browser and press refreh again it works?

As I said it's a but bit strange?

I also took a look at the editor log File, I found just one entry I think which could be a hint:
No support of dynamic introspection via introspectDynamically: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: trimatrix.ui.Dispatcher.introspectDynamically(java.util.List, java.util.List)

Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

...according to a mail that was sent in parallel to this post the error was reosolved after having restarted Eclipse. ;-)

Björn

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: