[Logo] OLD FORUM - Use new one: https://www.CaptainCasa.online/forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Windows Terminal Server - Bypassing the Java Security Popup  XML
Forum Index -> Deployment
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

does anyone have experience with managing the "Java Security Popup" (see attachment) in a Windows Terminal Server environment?

When opening a terminal session then the user always will be confronted with this popup, which is a bit annoying. The information that the user accepts the popup, is not stored permanently, because with a new terminal sesion, the system starts from the scratch.

Well...: internally there is a certificate added to the user's Java keystore. I have not managed so far to add a certificate to the system's keystore (which could/should be a solution for the problem).

So, if there is experience about this issue somewhere in the community, any hint is aprreciated... THANKS!

Regards, Björn

[Thumb - securitypopup.png]
 Filename securitypopup.png [Disk] Download
 Description Security Popup
 Filesize 24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  499 time(s)

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
krinninger

Power User

Hello,

we often have this issue in citrix environments.

so first of it all, i guess Java, at least older version allowed to disable this check in java control panel.

a second solution would be to copy the keystore with correct certificate to:
%appdata%\pathtokeystore

a third solution is, to export certificate by keytool.exe and deliver it to clients by a group policy (GPO).

last solution we use is to execute following example batch script on logon:
keytool -importcert -file "exportedcertfile" -keystore "<USERHOME>\application data\sun\java\deployment\security\trusted.certs" -<storepassword, usally changeit> -noprompt

i guess there are even more solutions.

Greetings,
Michael

Forum Index -> Deployment
Go to: