[Logo] Enterprise Client Community
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Fixgrid height / sbvisibleamount  XML
Forum Index -> Development
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

I'm in following situation, in my app I let the user configure, how much lines he will see in his grids (sbvisibleamounts).
Now the problem is, that the user don't want to habe roundtrips at scrolling?
So I need to send more lines to the client, but when I set a higher value on sbvisibleamount, the grid gets higher but this should be configurable by the user. So I think I have to work with the height property? But this is a pixel value
It would be nice if there would be a possibility to habe a property where I could set the count of lines in the grid?

Markus
[WWW]
CaptainCasa

Power User
[Avatar]

Hi,

even though I do not like this situation too much (sending all items in one chunk is always a risk from scalability point of view), you can do this, but have to carefully program this.

There is an example in the demo workplace...
Grids & Trees => Special Issues => Client side scrolling

But again...: it is definitely recommended to use this in verrrry special scenaros only, it's not the mainstream that we want to propose!!!

Björn

PS: basicall you can set SBVISIBLEAMOUNT dynamically via expression, but (as "fix" attribute) only at the consturction time of the grid. Re-setting the value means you have to re-construct the grid. This is what is done in the demo. The reuslt of seetin "high" SBVISBLEAMOUNTVALUEs is, that the grigs gets longer and longer (do not define a HEIGHT in parallel!). Thus, you just need to place a SCROLLPANE around and then you can scroll through the llllong grid

PPS: I wish no too many others are reading this post! ;-)

Björn Müller, CaptainCasa GmbH
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

hmm, I thought of 2 parameters:
sbvisibleamount => as by now the count of data transfered by one roundtrip
new parameter => limit the of lines shown in the grid!

e.g.
I define 100 as sbvisibleamount and 20 for the new parameter, than the user gets a grid with 20 lines, he now could scroll 5 times a page down, after that a new roundtrip is necessary?

Markus
[WWW]
mreich

Power User
[Avatar]

After Skype session with Björn I found the solution for my problem

This scenario is found in the Demo Workplace under "Grid & Trees => Load on Demand"

Markus
[WWW]

Forum Index -> Development
Go to: